编者按:《Alice in Wonderland》是一个英语长篇故事,讲述了主人公参加了一个疯狂的茶会的事情,最后主人公愉快地玩耍在花园中。
A mad tea-party
疯狂的茶会
讲述者
Hello! Alice is trying to find her way back to the beautiful garden she saw when she first arrived in Wonderland. On her way, she met the Cheshire-Cat in the woods, who told Alice about the March Hare and the Hatter. Alice found the March Hare and the Hatter, having a tea-party.
大家好!Alice正在寻找返回花园的路,一路上她遇到了森林里的柴郡猫,柴郡猫告诉她帽匠和疯兔的住址。Alice找到他俩的时候,他俩正在开茶会。
帽匠和疯兔
Would you like some tea? Tea? Yes please, and cake? One cake... two cakes? One lump or two?
你要不要喝点茶?茶?当然,蛋糕呢?一块…还是两块?
Alice
Curiouser and curiouser. They're having a tea-party. But where are all the guests?
越来越好奇!他们正在举办茶会,但是客人都在那儿呢?
讲述者
The Hatter and the March Hare were sitting at one end of a very long table,which had empty cups and plates all the way along it. But the only other guest was a mouse, who was sound asleep. Alice decided to join them.
帽匠和疯兔正坐在一张长桌子的尽头,沿着桌面摆着空杯空盘。唯一的客人是一只老鼠,他睡得正酣。Alice决定加入这场茶会。
帽匠和疯兔
No room here! I'm sorry, no room!
这儿没位置了!不好意思,没位置了!
Alice
There's plenty of room!
这明明还有很多空位!
讲述者
Alice sat down. The Hatter opened his eyes very wide.
Alice坐下之后,帽匠缓缓地睁开了眼睛。
帽匠
Why is a raven like a writing desk?
为什么一只乌鸦会看起来像一张写字台?
Alice
Ooh, good. Riddles! I love riddles!
哇!好棒!我喜欢猜谜语!
讲述者
The March Hare looked at Alice.
疯兔看着Alice。
疯兔
You mean you know the answer, don't you?
你是说你知道答案,对吗?
Alice
Yes, I do.
是的,我知道。
疯兔
Then you should say what you mean!
那你应该说出你的答案!
Alice
I do. At least, I mean what I say. That's the same thing, isn't it?
我会的,至少,我的意思是我会猜,会猜和猜对都可以,对吗?
帽匠
But why is a raven like a writing-desk? Have you guessed the answer yet?
为什么一只乌鸦会看起来像一张写字台?你猜出答案了吗?
Alice
No. I give up. What's the answer?
好吧!我放弃!谜底是什么?
帽匠
I don't know! Do you know?
我不知道!你知道吗?
疯兔
I don't know either!
我也不知道!
Alice
I think you should only ask riddles if you know the answer.
我觉得你们最好出那种知道谜底的谜语。
疯兔
Have some more tea.
再来点茶。
Alice
I haven't had any tea, have I? So I can't take more.
我还没有喝茶呢,对吗?所以我不能多吃。
帽匠
You mean you can't take less. It's very easy to take more than nothing.
你的意思是你不能吃太少,多吃总比不吃要简单。
讲述者
Alice got up and walked off without saying goodbye.
Alice站起身来,连再见都没说就直接离开了。
疯兔
More tea, Hatter?
再来点茶,帽匠?
帽匠
Don't mind if I do!
好的!
讲述者
The Hatter and the March Hare didn't seem to notice her leaving. Alice wentback into the woods. She looked back as she walked away. The Hatter and theMarch Hare were trying to put the mouse into the teapot.
帽匠和疯兔好像并没有注意到Alice离去,她又返回了森林,走远以后Alice还回头看了看,帽匠和疯兔正试图将老鼠塞进茶壶里。
帽匠和疯兔
Mousey mousey! In you go! Plop! Oh, he does wriggle so. More tea?
小老鼠呀小老鼠!扑通一声进茶壶!哇!他还在扭呢,要再来点茶吗?
Alice
I'll never go there again! That was the stupidest tea-party I've ever been toin all my life!
我再也不会到哪儿去了!从未见过如此愚蠢的茶会!
讲述者
Back in the woods, Alice saw a tree with a door in it.
回到森林里,Alice看到了一棵奇怪的树,上面有一扇门。
Alice
That's very curious! I wonder what could be behind a door in a tree...
真的太奇怪了!树上竟然有一扇门,门后面是什么呢?
讲述者
In Wonderland anything can be behind any door. Alice opened the door and there she was at the beginning of her adventures again – in the hall with the locked doors and the table with the little key on it.
在奇幻仙境中,门后面可能有任何东西。Alice小心翼翼地打开了门,她发现这正是她刚一开始掉落的地方——一间周围全是门的大厅,里面有张桌子,桌子上面放着一把小钥匙。
Alice
I remember that little door and the key! This time I know what to do! I'm finally going to get into the garden!
我记得这扇小门和这把钥匙!这一次我知道该怎么做了!我终于要进入花园里!
讲述者
Alice had learned a lot about growing and shrinking in Wonderland. She took the key off the table first… and then ate some of the mushroom she had taken from the caterpillar and put in her pocket. Soon she was small enough to unlock the door and go through it.
Alice已经对在奇幻仙境里经历的身体变化有所了解,这次她先拿到了桌上的钥匙…然后从口袋里掏出一点蘑菇,吃了下去,这是她从毛毛虫那里拿的,不一会儿她就变小了,然后顺利地打开门,进入了花园里。
Alice
Oh, it's so pretty here!
哇!这儿好漂亮啊!
讲述者
We'll leave Alice here for now, happy in the garden at last. Soon, she's going to meet the Queen and play croquet. Will she still be happy then? I'll tell you next time.
Alice终于可以在美丽的花园里玩耍了,我们先不要打扰她。不久之后,她还会遇到女王,并和她一起玩槌球。她还会这么开心吗?我们下集再讲。
公众号:英语故事课堂
本文为原创文章,版权归作者所有,未经授权不得转载!